What should I do to prepare for a session?
There are several things you can do to prepare for session.
- You can request to have the intake form emailed to you ahead of the session to save time.
- It’s important to eat a meal and be fully hydrated by drinking a lot of water before coming to a session. Energy work is like exercise. While you won’t be on a treadmill, your body will be working hard along with your energy field to balance itself. On the day of the session, eliminate or reduce any caffeine and junk food.
- Spend a few minutes organizing your thoughts and goals before coming for an Energy Balancing session. Write down three items you wish to release from your life and three items you wish to have more of in your life. All sessions will be focused on what you want to accomplish.
How long is a session?
The initial Energy Balancing session is approximately one hour and 20 minutes. Follow-up sessions are usually an hour. Depending on the issue being addressed, a session might take longer.
What might be included in a typical energy balancing session?
A typical session usually includes the following:
* We will discuss what your session goals are so that we can both measure the progress.
* I will teach you a simple breathing meditation.
* I will lead you through a series of energy exercises to remind your field what it is like to be centered.
* Based on your session goals, and your presenting issues, I make a determination as to which of your energy field(s) could be disturbed and intuitively select, with your consent, which balancing technique(s) might be best for your system
* Techniques that might be used include but are not limited to: Reiki®, Emotional Freedom Technique®(EFT), Integrated Energy Therapy® (IET), Soul Detective®, Biogenesis Tools, Acutonics® Tuning Forks, Crystal Bowl Sound Healing, Vibroacoustic Smart Mat and Angelic Shaman.
*We will review the initial outcome of the session and brief energy balancing homework will be assigned.
What can I expect to experience during an Energy Balancing session?
There is no one experience. Some clients have reported feeling skin tingling, muscle twitches, heat or cold coming from my hands. When their eyes are closed, some clients see different color swirls, and have lots of random thoughts. There are other clients who do not experience any sensations other than a restful hour. This is all normal. While it’s not possible to provide any guarantees, at the conclusion of a session, many clients report feeling a sense of well-being, calm, and deep peace, which can indicate a balanced energy field.
What should I wear for the Energy Balancing session?
It is best to arrive for your Energy Balancing session in comfortable clothes. A session can take place sitting up in a chair or lying on a massage table and only your shoes will be removed.
How many Energy Balancing sessions are recommended?
There is no exact number of recommended sessions. It has everything to do with the number of session goals you have set and wish to have the opportunity to accomplish. The level of resistance to change in your energy field can also determine how often you come.
Typically, the first session is an introduction to Energy Balancing concepts and the three energy systems, determining your goals, deciding on what techniques may be appropriate and a balancing session designed to calm the energy of your body, mind and spirit.
In follow-up sessions, we can address specific issues you wish balanced and you will have the opportunity to be taught specific Energy Balancing techniques that are intended to help keep your energy balanced on a daily basis. We can determine together what is the best schedule of Energy Balancing sessions to match your goals and your budget. After a period of time, some clients tend to come on a monthly basis for a “tune up” while they are incorporating daily meditation and other energy exercises. These daily energy exercises are important to do in order to maintain a balanced energy field.
I see a psychotherapist now, can I still see you?
First and foremost, do not stop seeing your therapist! If you are seeing a psychotherapist, Energy Balancing sessions can be a perfect complement to talk therapy by working in conjunction with your psychotherapist. Remember, although I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of New York, my services as an Energy Balancing Practitioner and Wellness Coach are separate from and not part of my psychotherapy practice. Therefore, I will not provide you with any psychotherapy services. It is always important to continue to process issues that arise from the unconscious to the conscious mind. Energy balancing work can “kick up“unresolved issues that still need intensive processing.
I’m on medications, is it still possible to balance my energy field?
Depending on the medications you are taking, how stable you are on them, and the effect that they have on your physical mental, spiritual and emotional bodies, we can adjust the energy balancing techniques to assist your system to harmonize with the medications you are taking.
Is there anything I can do to help keep my energy balanced after the session?
Yes! Daily energy exercises, which you will have the opportunity to learn are intended to help keep your energy balanced. In addition, daily meditation, yoga, tai chi, mindfulness, a healthy diet, engaging in moderate exercise, as well as reducing alcohol and recreational drugs, can all help to maintain your balanced energy field.
Is there research available to review about this kind of energy balancing?
Yes, One of the sources of this kind of research is The Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology, www.energypsych.org, conducts and maintains a library of research papers and articles on many different energy balancing techniques.
Can I have an alcoholic drink before or after a session?
It is important on the day of an energy balancing session that you not partake in any alcohol beverages or recreational drugs before or after the session. These activities may disrupt the energy field and undo the work you just allowed.